The Political Science Major explores government policies, processes, political theory, and international relations. This is an extensive program that will introduce students to the general study of the field of political science, and is suited for students who desire to examine the topics of public policy, foreign affairs, law, government, and the campaign processes.
• Develop an understanding of the differences between various government and economic systems.
• Develop an understanding of the framework necessary to apply political, economic, social, historical, legal and philosophical foundations to the study of political science.
• Acquire an understanding of the stressors that population, natural resources, and environmental issues have on political frameworks.
• Acquire an understanding of the political theories needed to analyze policy and political actions.
• Develop skills in writing, research, and analysis.
Skills you will develop
• Analysis and understanding of the various aspects of government, international relations, law, history, and politics.
• Exemplary critical thinking skills.
• Outstanding writing and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work well in groups and appreciate various points of view.
• Ability to adapt to various cultures and environments.
• Capacity to solve problems.
• Working well under pressure.
The Keiser University Latin America Campus located in San Marcos, Nicaragua has the following security procedures in place:
Safety and security guidelines for students, staff and faculty are posted on the university website.
Any scheduled evening or weekend meetings require a member of the staff or faculty to be present and responsible for the maintenance of all security procedures.